Jun

farewell to the raven…..for now

raven

This blog will be on hiatus for a while. The truth of the matter is that there are just too many demands on my time from the people in my life who need me.  By the same token, when I do have a few precious moments of free time, there are simply other ways in which I wish to spend them.  Something has to give.

And so, farewell for now.  I have enjoyed the blogging experience, all in all.  I’ve made some friends along the way, and I have had the pleasure and privilege of learning that some other people think I write well.  On my last poem, Annie commented, “When you find that place where your poetry lives, no one does it better. Perfect from beginning to end…”.

There is no better feeling than reading words like that, especially when they come from one whom I hold in high esteem, as a writer and a blogger.

As for the unanswered comments, all I can say is that I did indeed read and appreciate each comment.  I realize now I should have answered each one as it showed up, rather than allowing them to accumulate with the idea that I would answer them all at once.  Somehow, they just got away from me and I never caught up.  But I want everyone to know that all those comments meant a great deal to me.

And so, farewell.  For now.  Somehow I just don’t believe that this is it.  I’m thinking of this as an extended hiatus.  I do believe I will be back, although I cannot say when.  In the meantime, thanks to all for the support, encouragement, and love you have shown me over the past few years.

12 Responses to “farewell to the raven…..for now”

1. July 1, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Yeah right.

Just remembering a ‘lecture’ from a guy who told me about stopping blogging. Hm…..

I know you’ll be back.

And I’ve always known that you are like a box of expensive chocolates, can’t afford them often but when I do, there’s nothing better. I can wait a long time to read some of your lines (unless it’s politics of course 😉 )and I’ll just keep on waiting.

Hugs,

Spaz

2. July 4, 2009 at 9:20 am

#1, thank you for getting my ugly mug off of the top of your blog, that itself is quite an accomplishment.
    #2, you already know my feelings on this subject.
    Blogging isn’t so much something you do as much as a part of your life.
    I’ll even go as far as to say that there are other things I should probably be doing (ask my wife)
    Don’t ever give up the ship but rather look for some calmer waters to once again set sail on.
    Peace, brother Smith.
    See you ’round the riverbend . . .

July 9, 2009 at 9:23 pm

It’s that darn Ipod, isn’t it? I knew that thing would be the death of you? (I jest, of course.)

I like Spaz’s analogy of the expensive chocolates. Well put. We will surely miss you, Smith, and I want to say from the bottom of my heart that I hope this is not truly the end. I have gained understanding, wisdom, a sense of the proper kind of patience, and so much more from you. Your words have been an inspiration and a frustration — sometimes in the same post — on many occasions. I hope to shake your hand one day, then smoke a bowl with you.

Until that day… I tip my hat to you, sir.

4. December 17, 2009 at 11:01 pm

How bout a comeback for Christmas? ; )

• December 27, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Someday. Not yet.

S.

“taking up a glowing cinder with the tongs and lighting with it the long cherry-wood pipe which was wont to replace his clay when he was in a disputatious rather than a meditative mood”–Dr. John H. Watson

Please visit my blog at murderofravens.org

January 4, 2010 at 8:10 pm

You are missed, friend.

I check here weekly… just in case… and I am often not alone while here.

You are missed by many, friend. And often.

• March 30, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Sam,

Thanks for the kind words. If it makes you feel any better, I did renew the domain. I will be back, I just don’t know when. Too much going on in my life right now, and if I can’t do it right I’m not going to do it at all.

But thanks for checking up on me. It’s nice to know you still think about me.

Hope all is well with you.

Warmest regards,

Steve Smith

Please visit my blog at murderofravens.org

6. 9 mb
    March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I came back. You will too. When you are ready. Be well!!! Ali

7. August 13, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Hey, thought about your pages today… miss your work my friend… hope to see you around!

8. April 9, 2016 at 4:21 am

While I am in general agree, I seem to disagree in detail. Knowing right people is a valid cause for promotion, especially when the new opsition impl Click http://s.intmainreturn0.com/bayy091615