Dec

See you next year…

As many of you have no doubt noticed, there hasn’t been a whole lotta bloggin’ goin’ on in these parts.  I have noticed that some of you have been kind enough to visit and leave comments.  Yes, I have noticed.  I’m sorry I haven’t been very good about responding in kind.

The truth is, I haven’t had much time or energy for blogging these days.  I have been spending a great deal of both on my son.  I won’t go into detail here.  Suffice to say, that for many of our service men and women coming back from the hell hole known as Iraq, their toughest battles await them after they return home.  My son is such a one.  And like most parents, his problems are my problems.

In short, I only have so much time and energy to spare, and my son is more important to me than my blog.  That’s just how it is.

But all is not doom and gloom.  I am happy to say he is doing remarkably better in the past few months, which means that I am doing better.

I will be back, after the first of the year.  But to try to resume blogging during the holidays is just too unrealistic, and I really don’t want another false start here.

So many thanks to those of you who have hung in there with me, and I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.

7 Responses to “See you next year…”

1. December 11, 2008 at 9:00 pm

I’m glad your son is doing better. My mood tends to reflect my son’s problems also. My son’s problems are of a different nature but they still affect how I feel no matter how I try not to let them. You sound like a great dad and please thank your son for his service to our country.

2. December 11, 2008 at 10:48 pm

I wish the best for you and yours and for everyone returning from that hell hole. Happy Holidays and take care.

3. December 12, 2008 at 11:36 am

Well, thanks, Smith, for letting us know. I do wish the best for your son and you.

4. December 12, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Yeah, what Joan and Evyl said. Take care and enjoy your time away. 🙂

December 12, 2008 at 3:45 pm

We’ll still be here, Smith. Your son is in fine hands and you are to be commended for your love and compassion. All the best the holidays can bring, may they be heaped upon you, good sir.

6. December 13, 2008 at 1:38 am

Family first! Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season.