Sep

I think these will sell well…..

It occurs to me that my one man rant against the tobacco prohibitionists (and let’s be real here, that’s just what they are) may get me into hot water some day. People who speak up for freedom usually do end that way. And make no mistake: this isn’t just about my right to smoke a pipe or cigar. It’s about a group of fanatics who have hijacked a legitimate health concern and turned it into a way to expand Nanny Government. The anti-tobacco movement has become nothing more than a group of disingenuous fanatics whose real goal is nothing short of the total prohibition of tobacco. Their moral standing is now no higher than that of the cigarette companies. Anyone who doubts this should click here, here, and ESPECIALLY here.

So it’s only a matter of time until they come after me. I honestly believe that at some time a little old fashioned civil disobedience is going to be needed here. So when the time comes, I thought it might be helpful to have a few items to sell so I can raise money to make bail. Or rather, so that my friends can raise money for me, since I’ll be in jail.

So I thought a t-shirt would be a nice touch. Revolutionaries look cool on a t-shirt. So scroll down and let me know what you think of mine. I think it will be a collector’s item one day.

Keep going!

TAH DAH!

13 Responses to “I think these will sell well…..”

1. September 15, 2008 at 11:54 pm

If they arrest you for smoking tobacco, I will definitely be wearing one of these! Hope it comes in other ghastly colors too! πŸ˜‰

Green is the color of the Revolution comrade! Besides, I bet you look hot in khaki! Let’s hope it starts a movement! ;>)

2. September 15, 2008 at 11:59 pm

We will march from our hometowns to the jail cell until you are released or until they throw us ALL in with you just for wearing that shirt.
    Keep speaking your mind, man!!

Hey, dude! Welcome to my blog. I think you’re going to fit in very well around here! ;>)

3. September 16, 2008 at 12:12 am

I bet you’ll spend lots of time in the hole. πŸ˜‰

Ohhh, cuff me, big boy! 😈

4. September 16, 2008 at 2:16 am

Great idea. Why didn’t I think of that? πŸ˜› Oh wait a minute… I DID, in your last post. 😐 Don’t sweat it, I’m not the suing type. πŸ˜‰

Where do you think I got the idea? Never let it be said that I don’t recognize genius when I see it. Viva la Revolution!

5. September 16, 2008 at 7:24 am

smith i’ve just been back through your last few posts and have but one question…what the f**k is IN those cigars of yours???

Nothin’ but good, honest tobacco, ma’am! I don’t need anything else.

And more importantly, do you intend to share them with the rest of us???

There’s nothing I like better than sharing cigars with friends. If you’re ever in Boston, I’ll be happy to smoke a cigar with you and ‘Pop.

πŸ˜†
    Been giggling for ages!

Glad to hear it. I like to make people smile once in a while. πŸ˜‰

6. September 16, 2008 at 9:42 am

It’s Gitmo for you buddy
    but I hear they have nice Cubans down there

Viva la RevoluciΓ³n!

7. 7 Lolly
    September 17, 2008 at 5:36 pm

I think you have a winner there!

Good. I expect you to order a dozen! πŸ˜‰

September 18, 2008 at 11:15 am

Sign me up for a shirt.

A couple dozen. Your friends need one too. πŸ˜‰

And keep screaming about this issue. It’s a long shot but something may change if enough people complain. What’s that thing about the squeaky wheel? Oh never mind, they shot that thing with the gun they took from me and burnt it with the pipe matches ripped out of my pipe bag.

But you bring up a good point, Sam. Even though I’m being semi-facetious with these posts, it’s not all in jest. Smokers have got to stop letting themselves get pushed around here, and even non-smokers have got to wake up and realize that if the government can victimize smokers in this manner, it’s only a manner of time before it starts going after the rights of non-smokers as well. None of us live a completely vice-free life.

September 18, 2008 at 4:04 pm

awesome, my friend. i’d wear it proudly.
    i may be a non-smoker, but i still believe folks have rights.

Atta girl, Red! I knew you’d have my back on this one! πŸ˜‰

10. September 19, 2008 at 7:07 am

Hey Smith! Sorry for such a late response. Always gotta keep this fresh in the mind. Besides, T-shirts? You gotta have a T-shirt for every cause that infringes on the rights of people!

Hey, Shaun! Thanks for stopping by. I think the next move is to organize some civil disobedience. We can call it the Boston Tobacco Party. πŸ˜‰

11. September 19, 2008 at 8:46 am

HA! LMAO. That is friggin great. I’ll bail ya out if they come after ya. For sure.
    Kim

Just make sure you wear the shirt! πŸ˜‰

12. September 21, 2008 at 10:39 pm

YOU ROCK!!!

That may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. 😎

13. September 25, 2008 at 6:35 am

HA! Hey, if we start this as the Boston Tobacco Party, can we do this, say in Atlanta as The Boston Tobacco Party Part Deux – ATL style?

The only thing I see wrong with naming it this, is I REALLY don’t wanna be expected to toss good tobacco into the harbor. Here, the closest thing is Lake Sydney Lanier, which doesn’t have much water in it to be effective enough to make a political point, lol. ATL style, have to come up with what that actually means…

This would be a slightly different kind of party. Rather than throwing the tobacco overboard (the anti’s would love that, wouldn’t they?), at this party we’d all be puffing away to our hearts’ content, and damn the consequences!