Jun

life is good in california

I’ve probably drunk more rum and tequila in the last week than I have in the previous ten years. Must be something in the California air that makes me crave strange, fruity drinks. I remember one rum soaked afternoon where I told the waiter that I didn’t care what he brought me as long as it was blue. I have a vague memory of it tasting like banana. Blue Banana? Who knows?

I have made one hell of a lot of candles.

Haven’t been near a computer much. Right now I’m stealing time on my little sister’s office computer (naughty, naughty Smith) to write this. I know I have quite a few comments to respond to, and I will get to them, but right now the candles are calling.

I’ll be home on Wednesday. It occurred to me that writing a post about my fear of flying might have been bad Karma, but what’s done is done. If you never see another post from me, you can draw your own conclusions.

6 Responses to “life is good in california”

1. June 9, 2008 at 9:25 pm

I think that pissing on the toilet lid on the plane erases all bad luck. Sort of like knocking on wood.

Hey, you were right! As you can see, I survived both flights. I’ll have to remember this one. 😈

2. June 9, 2008 at 10:34 pm

your farewell post and tribute has been written.

Not so fast, Lasagna Boy. Thanks to Evyl’s suggestion, I’m still alive and kickin’

Long live the downshear . . .

Har-de-har

I will forever cherish the Sasieni collection . . .

You’ll have to arm wrestle Brendan for it. My money’s on Brendan.

Drink much, my friend.

You may consider that advice well taken. VERY well taken.

Charles says, “Eat me.” (just kidding!)

That’s ok. I never listen to Charles anyway. πŸ˜‰

3. June 10, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I love it! You know you are on vacation when you pick your drink of choice by color.

Blue. Gotta be blue. πŸ˜‰

June 11, 2008 at 11:19 am

Mmm .. blue, fruity drinks. TEQUILA!
    Glad to see that you’re having a good time .. candles an’ all.

Alas, if only you had been there with me. 😈

5. June 15, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Happy Father’s Day!

Enjoyed your last two posts, even though I didn’t comment. Will be thinking about you Bostonians tonight…

Hey, Lolly! I’m always glad when you stop by. πŸ™‚

6. June 19, 2008 at 6:55 pm

Glad you had a good time – I like that way of ordering ‘as long as it’s blue’ works for me.
    Annie

That method only works in California. πŸ˜‰