Jun

California redux

I’m off to California for ten days. I may or may not blog, depending on my mood, and whether or not I can browbeat my little sister into letting me use her computer.

I will probably make a lot of candles by day, and party my ass off by night.

For those of you who care, I have responded to just about everyone’s comments. As always, please know that I am always thrilled when someone leaves one, even if I am at times slow to respond.

One notable exception is the Be Afraid post. This is mainly because I honestly and respectfully differ with some of the comments. This is not to say they’re not valid or well put; they are. Nor is this to say that I don’t welcome differing opinions, I certainly do. As many of you know, I love debate.

But I do feel as though I need to think this issue through a little more before I respond. The comments were obviously well thought out, so I feel I owe it to those who commented to leave equally well thought out responses. So I’m going to ponder this issue a bit more, probably while lounging on some California beach, before I return and run logical circles around all of you. πŸ˜‰

Assuming, of course, I ever return at all. 8)

6 Responses to “California redux”

1. June 2, 2008 at 1:30 pm

I hope you have a wonderful 10 days and come back rejuvinated.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

If you are going to be in So. Cal. be sure to pick up a carne asada burrito from one of the Roberto’s taco shops.

Burrito, eh? I’ll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

2. June 2, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Have a great trip.

Thanks! I intend to.

And btw, I still agree with what I commented on that post.

Fair enough. As I said, the comments were obviously well thought out, which is why I want to put a little more thought and perhaps some research into this before I respond.

3. June 2, 2008 at 9:48 pm

before I return and run logical circles around all of you

You have a tough time running downstairs for a box of Fuentes, for Christ’s sake.
    I’m not too worried :mrgreen:

You will be, Lasagna Boy, you will be….:twisted:

I’ll be holding down the fort until you get your sorry ass back here.

I predict by Wednesday you’ll be wishing you had me back. In the meantime, there’s always…….The Bunny!;)

Have a Tequila Sunrise for me, okay?

Absolutely! Several, in fact. And as I swill down each and every one, I’ll be thinking to myself, “too bad Murphy coudn’t be here.” 8)

btw- Teddie Harris says he loves you . . .

Now there’s a disquieting thought…..

June 3, 2008 at 12:27 am

*sigh* I coulda fit in that suitcase, ya know πŸ˜‰

An enticing thought, to be sure. 😈

Take it easy. Drink plenty. Be safe.

I did, and I was. Now I’m back. πŸ˜•

5. June 3, 2008 at 12:52 am

Have fun in California!! I’ve never been further West than New York. I hope someday to travel but I don’t like to fly. I can only fly if I’ve been drinking. A lot.

I’m totally with you on that one. While I’m not usually an advocate of resorting to alcohol to solve one’s problems, I make an exception when it comes to flying.

June 3, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Ahhhh, the trip to see the Sis’ in California. Enjoy, good friend, enjoy.

Thanks, Sam. I did, but now I’m back. {SIGH}