Feb

Love is a Bitch

A year ago today I wrote this post. Two months later, an eight year relationship was over. To this day I’m not entirely sure why.

I still miss her, but life goes on. To those who have been fortunate enough to find a lasting love, all I can say is do everything in your power to keep it fresh and alive. I honestly believe that the biggest reason relationships sour is not abuse or infidelity, but rather from two people simply taking each other for granted.

Happy Valentine’s day to all.

10 Responses to “Love is a Bitch”

1. February 14, 2008 at 9:01 am

Here’s a Valentine {{{hug}}} from me, dear Smith.

Awwww, thanks, Lolly, You’re the best!

2. February 16, 2008 at 1:29 am

Taking each other for granted happens faster than one can realise at times. I have this theory that it happens to all of us, but once you’ve had your relationship stand on that forsaken cliff you remember it forever, no matter on which side of the cliff you end up on.

You got your Valentine’s wish via e-mail.

And a lovely one it was.

3. 3 ~m
    February 17, 2008 at 2:15 am

Cupid fanny-slapped? Coolbeans . . .

I knew you’d like that one.

February 17, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Ooh, a well needed spanking Im sure . .
    Im in need of one 😐
    VD sucks, whether you’re in a relationship or not.

Well, if you’re volunteering for a spanking. 😈

5. February 18, 2008 at 9:42 am

love is a bitch…then you marry one…i know because i did…twice!!
    got lucky the third time though…
    πŸ˜‰
    not much into vd myself…why be good for one day…i’d rather be good for 364 and bad on 1…or in this years case 2…we get an extra one this year

Well, maybe third time will be the charm for me as well.

6. February 18, 2008 at 9:47 pm

damn that does suck.
    i don’t know what else to say.
    kim

nothing else TO say.

7. February 21, 2008 at 4:31 pm

I read your post from last year…touching. Sorry for your loss, time manages to make Love a bit easier…Be well

Thank you! I’m still working on it! πŸ˜‰

8. March 11, 2008 at 7:48 am

Wise words Smithy

I try.

Sorry to hear you’re ‘back on the shelf’ as they say. Perhaps a little easier to deal with when you have a few years of ol’ wisdom under the belt…but I’m sure still a wrenching experience nonetheless. You remind me to ask the question..do I take her for granted? I think all men do to some extent…but I couldn’t imagine life without her….everyday she grows more beautiful…we both ask ourselves, How could you love me so much? It’s hard to accept that someone can love me so much and visa-versa.

Love is a mysterious thing, and that’s for sure.

My pathetic advice would be to try and enjoy being single! It’s the old story of when you stop wanting something, then you get it. If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be, if not, it’s not.

True enough. And I AM enjoying being single. It has its advantages, believe me.

Lastly thanks for the comments on my pipe post, I’m starting to do a few video blogs on pipesmoking in the near future…will pop by again soon…have a pipe on me…’be strong’ as they say in Holland. Sounds like your son’s doin’ fine so it seems you can spend a little time ‘gone fishing’ together, at least you’ve still got good ol’ family…all the best for now.

Dub.

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow pipe smoker!

sps

9. October 6, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Woah this website is excellent i love looking at your site content bollok. Be within the great get the job done! You know, many person’s are looking spherical just for this facts, you could encourage them to greatly.