Aug

God, anyone?

For those of you who are interested in such things, I am currently debating the existence of God, as well at the merits of well known atheistic gasbag Richard Dawkins, in a series of comments on another blog. The gentleman I’m debating is intelligent and articulate, and this is getting rather interesting.

Yeah, I know, I’ve got a lot of free time on my hands. But if you’re interested in this topic, or you just want to see two reasonably intelligent people debate, click here.

11 Responses to “God, anyone?”

1. August 30, 2007 at 7:37 am

my my….quite the conversation happening over there….but i’m not buying into it…it’s not a subject i’m good at discussing, for many reasons…i am enjoying the debate however

2. August 30, 2007 at 10:43 am

Hmm i like a good intelligent debate and this looks like its a keeper. I stay well clear of religion though or the existence of some higher being…..it’s a conversation no one can win, you need proof for that and sadly the only solid proof we have is faith and now adays that is something that is missing in too many lives.

3. 4 joebec
    August 30, 2007 at 5:25 pm

Woo Woo God all the way! you let ’em have it Smith!

August 30, 2007 at 8:40 pm

Well said Sugar. All too often those of us that actually have any kind of faith are bowled over by years of hypocrosy and the judgemental actions of so many “Church Goers.” Our goal should be to love, and love more abundantly. Anything else is lost on the masses. And fodder for them as well.

August 31, 2007 at 12:05 am

Bleh. There’s nothing to debate.

August 31, 2007 at 12:25 pm

But back to the debate; am thouroughly enjoying the back-and-forth that is happening on that site. As often happens with me in situations as this, I agree as much as disagree with each new point and stand. The key for me is to stand aside and watch it and learn from it. If we could all admit for even one second we may not in fact know everything there is to know, and in that moment examine instead of defend our views, our collective IQ would double. Kudos to you Smith for taking a chance on that concept while in the midst of the debate. Any compliments to your knowledge are deserved.

7. September 3, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Smith,
    You got a whole thing going on there. I read the whole thing and threw in a few words of my own. Though, overall it seems it’s a matter of some believe and some don’t.
    WC

8. September 3, 2007 at 2:58 pm

Are you still debating over there?

9. September 3, 2007 at 10:27 pm

I posted a comment and even refrained from cursing. For now.