Jul

Cinderella, a poem(?)

Just goofing around here. I really don’t know where this one came from. I just have a fascination with feminine endings. Some people have told me my poetry has a “spiritual” quality to it. Boy, are they going to be disappointed with this one.

Cinderella, Cinderella, night and day it’s Cinderella
I just ring my little bell-a
When I want my Cinderella
She could never find a fella
‘Cause her name was Cinderella
So she wed a big gorella
Who made her life a livin’ hell-a
So she locked him in the cella
Where she couldn’t hear him yell-a
Now her life is kinda mella
And she likes to play “Gisella”
On a Stradivari cella
And remember Ed Villella
While she smokes a Mirandella
That is flavored with vanella
And her favorite color’s yella
‘Cause it looks like lemon jella
And that’s all I have to tell-a
‘Bout a girl named Cinderella.

–Smith (although I’m not sure if I want to cop to this one).

7 Responses to “Cinderella, a poem(?)”

1. 1 ~m
    July 21, 2007 at 9:20 am

Yeah, what about her obese gasbag of a sister named Stella?

Hey, M! Thanks for stopping by.

2. July 21, 2007 at 10:13 am

Stella? She was deposited on the back porch with her candles of citronella.

d’oh! Why didn’t I think of those? I smell the makings of an interesting thread here. 8) Thanks for stopping by, Lolly.

S

3. July 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

You know when you come across things that are so bad that they’re good, so ugly that they’re nice…… no offense here, I would have never come up with something like this, so there is a sense of genius in it – have to say…. I LOVE IT. Especially the gorilla part 😉 And re M’s comment, maybe that’s more her favourite drink then the obsese sista.

Sometimes you just gotta reach back and let one fly, and let the batter worry about where it’s gonna end up. This was one of those occasions. Glad you liked it!

-s

July 22, 2007 at 11:37 pm

hah! have you read my blog lately? My latest entry is so incredibly similiar to this. though you definitely made yours sound waaay better than i set out to do. but yeah, i read it and laughed, very good way to end the day. Thank you MrSmith.

Thank you! And yes, I check out that wonderfully inane poem of yours!

-s

5. 5 joebec
    July 24, 2007 at 6:16 pm

that was pretty cool, i liked it!

August 3, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Well done Smith. Sillyness or not, when those things build up inside your brain, you just have to let them out. Loved it.

thanks! to be sure, as poetry this is inane, but it was fun to write, anyhow.

7. September 12, 2008 at 4:28 am

Well! Here I am one year later and I must say this hasn’t aged a bit. 🙂

Yeah, it’s still just as goofy as ever. 😉