Jul

I’M BA-AAACK!!!!!!

Finally! Gawd, how I’ve missed this!

And I’m still gobsmacked. I still can’t believe how many people have stopped by even though I haven’t written anything in two months. Thanks to everyone who took the time to check in.

Yes, it really has taken me this long to get back online (the ex-wife got custody of the computer) and damn! it feels so good to by typing away again.

I really want to thank everyone who wrote to me and left comments in the last few months. People I have only met through this medium took the time to offer friendship and support during a really shitty period in my life, and to them I will always be grateful.

But there is one person in particular I feel the need to mention individually, my friend Spas. Odd, in a way, to call someone you’ve never met a friend, but what else CAN you call someone who took the time to make my problems her problems, who cared enough to send encouraging words even when I was too depressed to respond? She is a genuinely good and caring person, and I can only hope I have the good fortune to meet her in person someday. And by the way, she is one hell of a writer.

Oh, and before I forget, I also have to mention the one friend I have in the blogging community that I also have the pleasure to know personally, my friend and co-worker Michael Murphy. Without going into great detail here, let’s just say that Mike never let me feel sorry for myself, and applied the tough love when it was most needed.

He also supplied me with hookers.

It’s been way to long since I’ve inflicted my opinions on the world, way too long since I’ve pissed anyone off (although I think I’ve just fixed that.)

I’m back! Ready or not, here I come.

Oh, and just kidding about the hookers.

–Smith

8 Responses to “I’M BA-AAACK!!!!!!”

July 11, 2007 at 11:44 pm

It’s good to see you back, MistaSmith. I first saw the different heading and I truly got excited! ‘It’s different, that means he’s been around!’ *happy dance!*
    I can only hope that you’re happy with whatever has happened in your world, and can’t wait to read more of your work!

2. July 12, 2007 at 3:41 am

holy shit batman! clicked the link thinking i’d see the same old same old and not only are you back but you’ve redecorated!!
    he’s a good friend that murphy fellow hey? it’s only a real friend that will supply hookers..
    waiting to be pissed off…don’t let me down now!

3. July 12, 2007 at 7:01 am

Now how come I didn’t come by here yesterday…… weird, weird, weird.
    Welcome back my friend.
    Good to see that some of you has remained, you are still too kind but still smack in one’s face. One has to love it.
    Can’t wait to read more….. ah….there is one more…. hang on…

4. 4 ~m
    July 12, 2007 at 8:09 am

Better get crackin’, nutboy. :0)

5. July 12, 2007 at 8:58 am

Glad to have ya back! Hookers, eh? Sounds like a mid-life crisis is about to bust out, LOL!

Can’t wait to read some new stuff. 😉

6. July 12, 2007 at 10:19 am

I came by here yesterday… I know I did. It must have just been a bit too early.
    So glad you’re BACK! And I love the gray background.

7. 7 joebec
    July 24, 2007 at 6:11 pm

smith~

i’m very glad you’re back too, and of course, sorry for what you have gone through this past couple months. Breaking up is never easy, no matter what the age, but all i can say is stay true to yourself. Don’t bend for anyone, i don’t care how hot that piece of ass might be! Always stay YOU because we love YOU!

Awwww, shucks, Reg! I love you too! Now about that piece of ass you were mentioning…………… 8)

August 1, 2007 at 3:41 pm

Welcome back. I literally checked your site the day before you posted this and then failed to check back until now. Imagine my delight at not one, but multiple posts by a gentleman and a scholar. Good to see you alive and in relatively one piece. Continue on my friend.

Thank you for those kinds words. Believe me, I’m here to stay!

-S