May

I shall return

I am, as they say in the North country, gobsmacked.

Really, I never expected this. But now I feel obliged to thank everyone who has supported me through this difficult time in my life. Since my last post, I have received several emails from people who do not know me except through this medium, and yet still cared enough to send kind messages of encouragement. Several also have left caring and concerned comments on that last post. And while I only know them through this medium, I consider them friends.

And the really strange, unexpected thing? People still come and visit this blog! I am genuinely amazed at that. Pleased, to be sure, but still amazed. There have been over 1,700 hits since my last post. Not a lot, to be sure, but enough to let me know people are still curious and perhaps even finding something worthwhile here. Someone once chastised me for my blogslackery with the words, “Two weeks away from a blog and people forget who the hell you are..”

Excellent advice, mind you, but evidently some still remember.

OK, allow me to take all the mystery out of this (no, I am NOT dying, who the hell started THAT one?)

The reason for my little hiatus is that I am going through a divorce. And in case you’re wondering, yes, it is from the woman I wrote about on Valentine’s Day. I can honestly say that when I wrote that post I never saw this coming. Perhaps I chose not to see. I suppose it could be considered significant, portentious even, that she never bothered to read that post, nor hardly anything on this blog, for that matter.

So quite frankly I just totally felt like shit for a while and just didn’t feel like writing a damn thing. I’m over that now, but the other problem is that she got custody of the computer, so I have been rather disconnected lately (employers tend to get their noses out of joint when you blog on their time. I am in fact, still at work as I write this, but off the clock, so everyone’s conscience can rest easy).

However, the computer issue will be resolved in a few weeks, and I am itching to get back in the saddle here at WordPress. I never realized how much this had become a part of me until it was taken away.

So thanks to all for the kind words of support. As a great man once said, “I shall return!”

–Smith

18 Responses to “I shall return”

May 10, 2007 at 8:26 am

Yay! It’s good to see you, MistaSmith! Yes, I was one to regularly check your blog to see if by chance you had updated, and was quite happy last night to see that you had!
    Whatever the circumstances are with your personal dealings, I do hope that you’re HAPPY. That’s the most important thing.

Take care,
    Sam

May 10, 2007 at 10:52 am

Glad to see you back, but not so happy to hear about the reason for the absence. Life, unfortunelty, is life. Here’s to hoping you come out stronger and better. I too, like Red, was checking often for your return, and very happy to have found it. BTW, I’m blogging at work now too. πŸ˜€

3. May 10, 2007 at 2:27 pm

i know how you feel, i’ve been there, done that, and not just once but twice and it’s a fair bitch!
    do what needs to be done….
    p.s i too have contributed to your stats πŸ™‚

4. May 10, 2007 at 10:00 pm

So I stumble in here today a little down cause dear ~M also took a highly deserved break and then Sarah was gone and overall the world is changing a little to fast for my heart to react….. anyway so I am about to leave you another ‘really miss you today’ entry and as I am typing some subconscious voice says ‘ wait a minute there should be Red’s and my comment on there last’…. loud enough to wake me from my pouty fog… it can’t be…. wait, am I dreaming?… no, OMG, OMG, OMG… May 9th, when was that, OMG yesterday, he’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    Needless to say, I am very happy to see this post.

5. May 11, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Ouch!
    Not much can be said. Especially for those of us who have been on the road you are traveling.
    Not giving any advice, but will just say that, we all have our highs and lows, and we all respond to them differently.
    You will be making adjustments, and they will add filters or remove them, as to how you view the world. Just stay busy.
    Oh, and you don’t need the danged Fritos or drugs either.

6. May 14, 2007 at 6:18 am

I wandered here by accident and only had time to read a couple of posts, you sound like you have a great support system here. It’s strange this blogging ‘business’ we all have our stories to share and similarities. Seperation is a tough road, I know I’ve been there twice! I find this outlet a vital part of my emergence into the butterfly who’s wings have been clipped far too often πŸ™‚
    Welcome home to Blogville

7. May 14, 2007 at 7:23 am

It is SO good to hear from you again, and to know that you’re not dying. At least not anytime soon, that we know of. I’m sorry you’ve had your earth shook. THAT one didn’t cross my mind. I was so hoping your son was still okay, after returning stateside.

I’ve missed you.

…And I thought he said, “Ahll be back.” πŸ˜‰

8. 8 alison
    May 19, 2007 at 12:44 am

Smith…Is it just too cliche to say it will be alright…just know we are here for you. Of course we still read!!! A.

9. May 19, 2007 at 6:48 pm

Hope you get connected soon!

10. 10 joebec
    May 22, 2007 at 11:45 am

hey Smith!
    i’m glad to see you are back, but sorry to hear of your divorce. all i can do is pray for you and know that you will be strong and get through this. i have been checking on your regularly too, hoping for an update, i’m glad i got one! you are very loved and respected, always know that!

11. May 31, 2007 at 12:27 pm

Just one of those ‘wish I had one of your posts to read’ thoughts that got promoted to a comment.
    Miss ya, SP

12. May 31, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Hey,
    Looks like SP and I had the same idea! on the same day.

Lolly

13. 13 The German Shepherd
    June 11, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Hey Smitty. I’ll be thinking of you and saying a prayer or two for you….

Jay

14. June 14, 2007 at 4:50 am

The only good thing about seeing this last post again today is that it’s another day closer to the next one…….

15. June 14, 2007 at 4:51 am

….and who knows maybe it will be one of those awesome poems….

16. June 17, 2007 at 5:29 pm

Out of sight isn’t out of mind. Happy Father’s day to you dear Smith. You’ve got lots to be proud of.