Apr

Taking a break

I’m afraid that I won’t be doing much here for the time being. Unfortunately my life has become rather unsettled, and at present I just don’t have the time for blogging, nor the energy to post something I would be proud to append my name to. I’ve enjoyed this, and I intend to return to it when things get more or less back to normal, but right now I just can’t give it the attention it deserves. I hope not to disappear altogether, but I would rather not write at all rather than post garbage just for the sake of posting.

I’ve responded to all my comments, and I hope to be able to keep reading others’ blogs and leaving an occaisional comment just so y’all know I’m still alive. I’m not leaving forever, just for the time being. Hopefully things will be back to sort of normal in a few weeks.

As MacArthur once said, “I shall return”. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and comment. I’m very fond of you all.

Oh, and “Red“: I’m very impressed you recognized the “Copper Beeches” quote. To all your other fine qualities I now realize you’re an afficionado of both Brahms and Conan Doyle. Damn! You really are my kind of woman!

–Smith

11 Responses to “Taking a break”

April 4, 2007 at 9:10 am

*sigh* I hope this isn’t goodbye. You take care MrSmith.

Goodbye? Certainly not! See ya later, perhaps. But I’ll be back, once I get some things straightened out! Think of me next time you listen to the Brahms C minor symphony, or read The Hound of the Baskervilles. šŸ˜‰

2. April 4, 2007 at 12:05 pm

The cool thing about leaving one place is that you’ll be arriving at another šŸ˜‰ .
    We’ll miss you. SP

Awwww, shucks! I’ll miss you too! Don’t worry, I’ll be back!

3. 3 ~m
    April 4, 2007 at 2:14 pm

“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
    Nuff said.
    I’ll be around. . .

Good advice, thanks. Good to know you’re there.

4. 4 joebec
    April 4, 2007 at 3:05 pm

i hope you truly aren’t gone for good. your blog is one of the best i’ve read. good luck in your current endeavors and hopefully you’ll be around still a little until you’re ready to come back full force.

i’ll miss you!

Thank you for that, really. I don’t think it’ll be permanent; just until I get some things going on in my life squared away. I’ll miss you too!

5. April 4, 2007 at 5:10 pm

we all need have the need to to regroup at some point….

Very true, and right now my need to regroup is at an all time high. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

6. April 5, 2007 at 12:47 pm

I’ll be looking forward to your return. You’re gonna miss us…:)

7. April 9, 2007 at 8:41 am

Have a great break!!!

April 12, 2007 at 3:52 pm

It is to my dismay that I am finding you but on the opposite side of your departure. I promise to delve deep into your archives over the next while and see what great man I am sure to grow fond of and miss greatly. My only regret is that I did not have the pleasure of conversing with you to the point of saying that I knew you. Good day my vague acquantance.

9. April 25, 2007 at 4:36 pm

Hm….. somedays I just arrive here just to see IF…
    Well, not today.

April 29, 2007 at 12:38 am

*sigh* I wonder if he knows that he is missed.

11. May 8, 2007 at 8:20 am