Dec

Britney, put your clothes on!

Ok, by now you’ve probably seen the pictures, or at least heard about them. I’m talking about the ones of uber-tart Britney Spears exposing her privates to the ever rapacious cameras of the paparazzi. What I find so disturbing about this is that, according to sources who supposedly know about these things, this was no accident. Desperate to revive a flagging career, America’s Tramp intentionally gave her panty-less crotch area a good airing out in the hopes that the moment would be caught on camera. She got her wish.

Hey, it worked for Lindsay Lohan, right?

Now, call me old fashioned, but I seem to remember a day not all that long ago when a musician would attempt to revive his or her career with a new hit record. But of course, it’s not that easy for America’s Sweetheart of the Trailer Park, because you have to have talent to make a hit record.

Actually, that’s not really true, either, since she has in fact cranked out a couple of hit albums with a voice that makes Madonna sound like Joan Sutherland. In fact, not since Brooke Shields has someone managed to get so far in life with so little talent. It’s amazing what they can do in the studio nowadays. But I guess it’s just easier for the frog voiced Britney to simply flash her hoo-hoo and wait for the fall out.

Of course we mustn’t forget that Madonna herself revived her career by going the Full Monty (remember THAT book?) But then Madonna always was ahead of her time. I guess Madonna and Britney exchanged more than just spit that night at the Emmy’s. Britney had better start selling some records, or some pics of the former Mouseketeer in her birthday suit won’t be far in the future.

Now I am not a prude. Like any red blooded American male, I certainly enjoy looking at a bit of female flesh from time to time. What I really find so disturbing about this is that, quite honestly, the little tart knew exactly what she was doing, and she got exactly what she wanted. And that says far more about us than it does about her.

Where is the outrage here? It seems as though people have just shrugged their shoulders and chalked it up as another case of a celebrity behaving shamefully. Michael Richards and Mel Gibson get cocked, say some politically incorrect bad words, and their careers go down in flames. But Britney deliberately shows off her pussy in public, and somehow that’s ok.

And before you get your panties in a bunch (you are still wearing them right? or has Britney kicked off a new trend here?) I am NOT defending Gibson or Richards. (BTW, both Gibson and Richards apologized for their behavior. I have yet to hear an apology from Britney).

Frankly, I always knew that it was only a matter of time before Britney Spears took her rightful place in the Slime Pantheon alongside other white trash icons such as Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton. This episode doesn’t surprise me at all. But it bothers me that celebs like Spears are reaching lower and lower in their bids for attention, and it bothers me even more that the people of this country are giving them exactly what they want.

So what happens when this form of bad behavior becomes too commonplace (and it will) to get the reaction they’re looking for. Just how bad can they get? Will Britney and Paris one day get “caught” having sex in the back of a limousine, because that’s what it will take to get people’s attention?

Perhaps most disturbingly of all, need I remind people that teenage girls want, more than anything else, to be like Britney. In an era where teens are posting naked pictures of themselves on the Internet and engaging in other sexually dangerous behaviors, the last thing we need is someone like Britney Spears setting the worst possible example for them. Because you just know that it won’t be long before we’re reading a newspaper story about some 14 year old Britney wannabe who got sent home from school for taking her Britney obsession a little too far. What are the parents of teenage girls supposed to do? Conduct a panty inspection every morning before school?

Lest you think me an alarmist, let me remind you that this seemingly ammoral generation of teens will be running the country when we’re all ready for the nursing home. All I can think of when I read things like this is how the Roman Empire went into steep moral decline in the years before its ultimate fall. With any luck, I’ll be dead before some woman whose heroes growing up were Paris Hilton and Britney Spears is President.

–Smith

10 Responses to “Britney, put your clothes on!”

1. December 3, 2006 at 11:14 pm

whatever happened to that little quirk they used to have “in the olden days”…hmm…let me think, what was it called?? AHA! MODESTY!!…that’s it..i remember modesty, but rarely see it these days..by NO means am i a prude, QUITE the opposite, but there is a time and place for everything and this one always has the knack of the WRONG place doesn’t she?…the thought of this generation being the ones to look after those of my generation in their twilight years scares the living bloody daylights out of me…

As I said, I have a bigger problem with what this says about our society than what she actually did. The fact that she felt she could do this and not only get away with it but have be a career move says something very sad and disturbing.

2. December 4, 2006 at 12:58 pm

Maybe she thought she was “going commando” in support of the troops. Just wait till Mel Gibson gets into the upskirt act…

At least Mel Gibson apologized for his atrocious behavior.

3. December 5, 2006 at 8:32 am

I really don’t think Lindsay Lohan is in the white-trash league yet. And I posted about the oddsmakers in Britain setting odds on whether Britney and Paris would be in a sex video together. With a sex tape on both of their resumes, there’s gotta be a good chance of something like this coming out.
    Best story in all of this was the Toronto Star talking to an OB/GYN who said Britney was creating a health hazard for herself and others by going pantless. PRICELESS! http://www.harddrivelife.com

I would respectfully disagree. Lindsay Lohan was flashing her pudenda before Britney! This may even be where Britney got the idea. Add to this her party-all-night lifestyle, her abusive behavior towards others, and her reputation for being bratty and impossible to work with, and I think you have the makings of a very fine piece of white trash.

4. December 6, 2006 at 7:31 am

Well thought out piece, Smitty.
    I agree with all that you wrote here.
    As far as Richards and Gibson, both apologized and are trying to move on (if the public ever lets them)owning up to the fact that they’re human.
    Spears as a role model for our daughters (or slutface Hilton, for that matter)is a scary thought. Paris for President? Bowwow.

5. December 8, 2006 at 9:10 am

Now you can sit back and watch the nude Britny sex vids bombard your search terms after this post.

Actually, I should probably sit down and write her a thank you note. She’s single-handedly increased the traffic to my humble little corner of cyberspace. From now on I’ll just title all my posts Britney Spears sex tapes! 8)

6. December 8, 2006 at 10:35 pm

The thing that get’s me most about this whole story is that unlike Paris and Lindsay, Britney is a mother. That she doesn’t care about what kind of a role model she is to her female teenage fans is one thing, but I guess she figures since she has boys, she doesn’t have to worry about being a role model to her own sons either.

I can just imagine what these boys will think when they are old enough to find their mother’s naughty pics on the Internet. She should be sterilized.

7. 7 The Rev.
    January 15, 2007 at 11:06 pm

A couple of years ago, a mass media poll showed that most American girls under the age of 14 thought that Brittney Spears was a good role model.

The Rev.

A couple of years ago you could’ve made a case for that. I really don’t know what she’s been thinking lately. Is she getting greedy, or desperate? Is she just getting bad advice, or maybe just hanging around with the wrong people (read: Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan). Or maybe all the attention has just gone to her head.

Thanks for stopping by, Rev!

8. 8 Imnot Telling
    March 4, 2007 at 2:05 pm

It is really sad that todays role models are Paris Hilton, Lindsay, Brittney, Nicole, and even Pam Anderson. Whatever happened to Morals??? At least we have Reese, Kirsten and Scarlett!

Morals? I’d settle for simple modesty.

9. August 15, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Britney Spears is the bomb love you!

10. February 13, 2016 at 3:29 am

This article is genuinely a good one it assists new web users,
    who are wishing in favor of blogging.