Oct

Danger Mouse

Don’t ask me what got me thinking about this. Danger Mouse was my son’s favorite cartoon when he was a little boy, and we spent many hours together watching this witty yet inane British cartoon. DM was a spoof of every spy thriller ever made, and after saving the world from the latest outlandish threat concocted by an equally outlandish cast of bad guys, the one eyed wonder would respond, with typical British understatement, “It’s just a job, really.”

Equally entertaining was his repartee with his high strung valet and sidekick, Penfold, who would usually respond to any crisis by exclaiming “Oh, crumbs”, and then just generally fall to pieces until his master calmed him down with the admonition, “Penfold, shush!”

For those of you who actually might find this kind of thing intriguing, there is (believe it or not) a Danger Mouse home page. It’s worth a visit.

–Smith

7 Responses to “Danger Mouse”

1. October 10, 2006 at 10:14 pm

“Oh, crumbs…”
    Something I like about that phrase.
    And the name Penfold.
    Can’t remember the cartoon though…

2. October 10, 2006 at 11:20 pm

sounds very PG Wodehouse. Cute.
    WC

3. March 15, 2008 at 11:20 am

i lov this mouse. Beautiful image, thanks.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

4. 4 ria
    August 17, 2008 at 9:20 am

I LOVED Danger Mouse when I was little. I’m 27 now.. so it’s been awhile.

Hey, Ria! Always glad to meet another fan of the One Eyed Wonder! 😉

5. November 17, 2009 at 11:22 am

My wife actually had a crush on DM when was young.Me and my cousin Miguel would play Danger Mouse ,unfortunately,I was always Pimpho.Danger Mouse is a cult icon,(ooh ooh ooh)you know would be soooooo sick? The greatest animated espianoge event ever!!!!!!! Danger Mouse vs.Super Secret Squirrel.What would be better DM & Secret or the sidefight between Pimpho & Morocco Mole.Feel free to comment.PEACE

6. March 1, 2016 at 5:31 pm

That is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise info… Thank you for sharing this one.
    A must read article!